1. U.S Markets closed higher yesterday.
2. Right now , U.S Futures are trading higher.
3. SGX Nifty is indicating a large gap up of 50+ Points.
4. Asian Markets are mostly higher.
5. Yesterday the markets moved all over the place.
6. Markets yesterday were trading within a range but were highly Volatile.
7. They were trading within a 100 point range max for the day
8. Within that range markets made many 100 point swings.
9. Bank Nifty was also within a range yesterday.
10. So now the Markets are in a consolidation phase.
11. Tomorrow we will be having the monthly expiry.
12. Thursday is a Public holiday on account of Ram Navmi.
13. Midcap stocks are under huge selling pressure.
14. Yesterday Nifty closed flat.
15. The thing which doesn't grab eyeballs in the advance - decline ratio.
16. There were just 400 advances yesterday and 1600 declining stocks.
17. That means for every 1 stock higher 4 stocks lower.
18. Mid & small cap stocks are facing the brunt.
19. Markets are very weak right now.
20. 16800 to 17200 is the range for nifty.
21. Buy near lower end of the range with a strict stop and sell near upper end of the range with a tight stop.
22. That's the best way to trade ranging markets.
23. Nifty might trade between 16850 to 17150 today.