1. U.S Markets closed lower yesterday.
2. Right now , Dow futures are slightly higher.
3. Asian markets are mixed.
4. SGX Nifty is up 20-30 Points.
5. Yesterday it was a very flat expiry.
6. SGX Nifty indicated a gap down of more than 100 points.
7. Nifty opened lower just by 40-50 points.
8. Throughout the day nifty traded within 100 point range.
9. Bank Nifty within 250 point range
10. This was in-spite of Global cues turning negative
11. India VIX closed below 14.
12. VIX below 14 indicates stability in the markets.
13. We have only 4 trading sessions for Jan expiry now.
14. FII's after selling for the whole of January have finally turned net buyers.
15. They have bought for around 400 crores yesterday.
16. 18100 short straddle has the highest open interest for Jan expiry.
17. 18000 PE added huge open interest yesterday.
18. Looking at all the data points I sense a recovery is due.
19. 200-300 points upmove in nifty cannot be ruled out before the budget.
20. Nifty might trade between 18000 to 18300 today.